image found on google
How to start your minimalist lifestyle
- Clothes. Throw away all the clothes that you simply do not wear
- Books. Get rid of as many as you can. Keep the ones you Love
- Bathroom. You don’t need 3 bars of soap and 50 different hair products. Get rid of the things that you don’t use everyday, and those products that you may still finish.. finish them or get them out of the house
- Desk. You don’t need 50 spare pens and pencils. Condense to one small pencil case.
- Facebook. Stop wasting your time with games. Use it to communicate only.
- Body. Stop eating junk food, consume only fruits, vegetables & nuts. Nourish your body with nutritious foods.
- Social life. Having a few good friends is better than having 100 fake friends. Make time for those who matter and forget those who don’t
- Shoes. You don't need 20 pairs of shoes. Stick to the basics and add 1 or 2 fun shoes if you feel the need
Here's a list of some of the items I have cut out or changed in the past month:
- I no longer buy Fashion Magazines (Elle, Vogue, Glamour)
- I only keep up with my absolutely favourite Shows
- I no longer go shopping every month
- I deleted a lot of "friends" from Facebook
- My desk has no more clutter, only the essentials
- All those sample makeup and beauty products that I got are now out of the house (I used them or threw them away)
- My book and CD collection has only my absolute faves
- The magazines I had kept because of some items are on the trash now, I scanned the pages of interest and got rid of the rest
- No more "junk" e-mails from clothing stores
- Shoes and closet now minimized. I own only 60 pieces, that includes jackets, tops (winter and summer), bottoms, shoes, undergarments, gym clothes and accessories.