I finally got the time and the computer to make this post. I'm going to start with out day in Milan because is the easiest, and since my computer is not at it's best right now I just wanted to make at least one post of the trip before my computer dies forever. I hope you guys enjoy this post and at the end of the post you will also find a few tips for Milan. (Also some photos may be out of focus because my lens is broken, so the focus was not working)
THE DUOMO OF MILAN
An amazing Gothic Cathedral right in the center of Milan. This was the main attraction in Milan to see, unfortunately we were not able to go to the top of the Duomo because we were short on money and paying 8€ to go to the top was a bit too much! But we were content to see the interior of the cathedral and the amazing work on the outside.. it was breathtaking.
GALLERIA VITTORIO EMANUELE II
After we went into the Duomo we stopped by the Vittorio Emanuel Galleries that are situated next to the Duomo, it is a very chic and elegant place to shop of have a cup of coffee. The place itself is an master piece, all the architectural details and the marvelous ceilings. There was actually a fresh married couple taking pictures there, I bet those wedding pictures will turn out amazing.
OUTSIDE THE GALLERIES
Chic and expensive stores on the inside, and chic and expensive stores on the outside. Cartier? Yes please. Milan is really a place of fashion and a place to shop.. big. And the high fashion stores mixed with the amazing architecture just make the place even more beautiful and appealing.
A STREET OF FASHION
I don't remember well where this street was located, we kinda got lost. But I really enjoyed getting lost on such amazing place, I enjoyed going window shopping at Dolce&Gabbana, Prada, Tiffanys, Reppetto.. It was like heaven for those who love to shop and for those who like window shopping - like me.
RIGHT OUTSIDE NIVIGLI
We left Navigli and just went exploring the surrounding. A lot of great architecture on the streets, it's a great place to explore, if we had more time I bet we would end up finding some pretty amazing places.
On another place we went to we also got a little lost, but that was quit alright because we once again found a hidden place, it was closed at the time but we still enjoyed the great architecture of the place.
SOME QUICK TIPS //
- Buy a one day travel ticket for the metro, bus and electric. It costs 4,50€ and it has the duration of 24h.
- Be aware: the Malpensa Shuttle that goes from the airport to Milan costs 16€ (round trip ticket). For me this was quit expensive
- The prices of the Duomo have increase, a trip to the top by stairs cost around 7/8€
- Also at the Duomo: there is a dress code. So dress for the occasion.
- The cheapest thing to eat in Milan? Pizza of course. We bought a huge pizza for only 4€ that could feed 2 people. Also look for food in supermarkets (cookies, yogurt, chips, bread, etc..) it's much cheaper.
- At some coffee shops: be aware that some establishments may charge you for the table serving/per person. We went into a coffee shop were we didn't realized this and we ended up paying 1€ each person that was served.
- Souvenirs are a bit expensive there... and I really hatted their postcards. As a souvenir I bought an Italian magazine.
- Get lost. Yes you read it right... getting lost in the city may have it's advantage. You never know what you will discover.